Park City Slip and Fall Attorneys
Helping Utah Residents After Slip and Fall Accidents
Were you injured in a slip and fall accident that was no fault of your own? Whether the accident took place at a restaurant, business, grocery store, or apartment/home, the property owner may be on the hook for damages.
At Dodd & Kuendig, we help slip and fall victims recover compensation for their injuries. Our skilled Park City attorneys take every case personally. We dive deep into our clients’ cases to get them the best results possible. Through our goal-oriented approach, we will work to get you a full and fair settlement. If the negligent party holds out, we are fully prepared to take them to trial.
Call (435) 296-7434 to get your free consultation today. If we don’t win your case, you won’t owe us anything!
How Much Is a Slip and Fall Case Worth?
The average slip and fall settlement tends to be tens of thousands of dollars. Looking at averages can be misleading, however. How much your case is worth really depends on the type of injury.
This is because the point of a claim is to make the injured person “whole” again. That means, in the best-case scenario, a slip and fall victim would be compensated for the costs associated with their injury.
Your own claim may be worth more or less than the average settlement. The key thing to consider is how much the injury has affected your life.
Common Slip and Fall Injuries
At Dodd & Kuendig, we help clients maximize their compensation.Some of the most common slip and fall injuries we’ve handled include:
- Head and brain injuries
- Sprains and strains
- Bulging or herniated discs
- Spinal cord injuries
- Broken bones
Each injury will affect a person’s life differently—and to a different degree. The worse the injury, the more it will affect your life, and the more your case will be worth.
Compensation You May Be Entitled to
Slip and fall victims may recover compensation for economic damages, such as:
- Hospital bills
- Doctors’ visits
- Physical therapy
- Assistive devices (e.g. crutches or wheelchairs)
- Lost wages, benefits, and other earnings
A victim may also be compensated for damages that don’t have a clear price tag. These damages are called “non-economic damages.” A few common examples are:
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Loss of quality of life
What to Prove to Win a Slip and Fall Injury Claim
Proving negligence is the key to winning a premises liability case—victims must show that someone else was at fault for the accident. In the context of a slip and fall case, that “someone else” will be the negligent property owner or manager.
Negligence in slip and falls often includes failing to warn of or fix property hazards, such as:
- Wet, slippery floors
- Patches of ice
- Uneven sidewalks
- Faulty steps
- Broken stairways
- Lack of hand railings
- Obstructed hallways
- Exposed wiring
The Elements of a Slip and Fall Case
In addition to proving negligence, victims will also need to prove the following about the slip and fall accident:
- Duty of care: Property owners must make sure that their properties are safe for lawful guests. This is known as the “duty of care,” and you must show that the property owner owed it to you. Typically, trespassers are not owed a duty of care.
- Breach of duty: The property owner must have breached their duty of care through negligence. This may mean they failed to warn of slippery floors or broken steps, as mentioned above.
- Slip and fall injury: You must prove that the property owner’s negligence caused your injury. You cannot sue if you fell because you weren’t watching where you were going. A broken step, slippery floor, exposed wire, or some other hazard must have been to blame.
- Damages: Last but not least, you must show that your slip and fall injury resulted in actual losses, or damages. This can range from medical treatment to time off work, to emotional distress.
Do I Need a Lawyer for a Slip and Fall Case?
The elements of a slip and fall case can be hard to prove without professional help. Our Park City attorneys know how to handle these cases—and handle them effectively.
Choosing to work with a Park City slip and fall attorney is up to you. To help you make a well-informed decision, here are 5 benefits of working with a lawyer at Dodd & Kuendig:
- We will investigate to find clear evidence of negligence.
- We will work with you to build a compelling case.
- We will evaluate your claim and work toward getting your full compensation.
- We will work to negotiate a slip and fall settlement with insurance, saving you from being shortchanged.
- We know how to take a case to court—we’ve done it tens of thousands of times.
All in all, we aim to help our clients get the most out of their claims. If the property owner refuses to pay what they owe, we won’t hesitate to litigate the case.
Book a Free Consultation with a Park City Slip and Fall Lawyer
If you have been the victim of a slip and fall accident, Dodd & Kuendig has the experience needed to fight for you. Our law firm offers free consultations to all new clients. We’ll evaluate your case for free and talk over your rights. Then, should you decide to move forward, we’ll use our award-winning skill to help you through this tough time. Together, we’ll work to achieve the best outcome for you.
Find out more about how we can help. Contact a Park City slip and fall attorney onlinetoday.